Monday, February 05, 2007

Safety for Ladies at Gas Stations

Go to http://video.sheriff.org/psa_cartheft.shtml for a VERY informative video on how to keep your valuables from getting stolen while at a gas station. Those of us with kids would say "I don't need to worry, my kids would tell me that someone was trying to get into the car." But when you see how quickly these guys can steal your purse, you will realize that your bag would be gone before your kids could even get your attention. You may know that your neighborhood gas station is safe but think about all those times that you are at gas stations that you are NOT familiar with!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

You must be on YOUTUBE as much as I am because I already saw this there. I think it was a featured video recently. It's really good! I am one of those people that thought, "I never leave my stuff in the car unlocked." Then, after I watched this and I was at the gas station with Kayla in the car, I noticed that my habits have changed since I've had a child. I noticed that NOW I leave the keys in the ignition so she can still hear her kids' music and I only take the credit card out that I need and I leave the rest of my wallet/purse on the front seat. I'll be changing these habits from now on!