Tuesday, February 20, 2007

pork chops

Man, I forgot to take a picture of the finished pork chops! I seared them in in butter in the cast iron fryer and then cooked them on low until they were done (140 in the center). Then, while they rested on a plate, I sliced then cooked up some portobello mushrooms with more butter, garlic and oregano (of course salt & pepper) in the same frying pan. I Reduced it all down and served the mushrooms to the side of the pork with spinach Florentine rice (brown rice, spinach, butter, garlic, salt, Parmesan cheese) rounding it out. The kids and I split one chop and Joe had the other. The dog got the scraps and the bones are in the freezer for my next batch of split pea soup. The kids had apple-strawberry sauce for dessert and I totally cracked up while putting the jar back into the fridge as I remembered the Brady Bunch episode where Peter was walking around talking like Humphrey Bogart saying "Yep, that's what we're having for dinner. Pork chops and apple sauce." Ahh, childhood was grand - that episode originally aired in 1971.

No comments: