Monday, February 19, 2007

Last Night's Dinner

So I spent the last 2 days going through my Kraft Foods magazines culling out the recipes that I want to keep and recycling the rest of the magazine. While going through one issue I came across this recipe and, when we got home from Marie's, I made it for dinner:

Spaghetti with Zesty Bolognese The picture is VERY enticing
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing (I used HEB brand)
1 lb. ground beef
1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce ( I used a 32 oz jar of my homemade sauce)
1 can (14 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained (I omitted this)
2 Tbsp. PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese (I used garlic basil neufanchel cheese from Full Quiver Farms)
12 oz. spaghetti, uncooked (I used Bionature organic whole wheat)
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese (I forgot to add this)
COOK onions in dressing in large skillet on medium heat. Increase heat to medium-high. Add meat; cook, stirring frequently, until browned. Stir in tomato sauce and tomatoes. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 min. Remove from heat. Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
MEANWHILE, cook pasta as directed on package.
SPOON sauce over pasta. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (I mixed the pasta into the sauce in the big pan so the finished product looked like the picture)

All 4 family members loved it!

No comments: