Sunday, February 11, 2007

Give Blood, It Could Save Somebody's Life

So after dropping Giselle off at Sunday School, Paul and I went by the sanctuary to pick up today's program and the most recent newsletter. On the front of the newsletter there was a big ad for a church blood drive going on RIGHT NOW (from 9 am to 1 pm). So Paul and I hightailed it down to the pretty-painted blood bank bus and I whipped out my donor card and gave blood for the first time in exactly 8 years - the last time I gave (according to my card) was 2-12-99. And since I was fully hydrated, my blood flowed quickly - I even beat some guy who started at the same time as me!
So, in honor of Valentines day, go give blood this week! It could save somebody's life!
I'll post later about the fake blood that they now make.

No comments: