Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday 13

So there is this thing that I've seen called 'Thursday 13' on some homeschooling blogs that I visit, it seems really neat! So I went to the head website http://ThursdayThirteen.com and found out this:
What is the Thursday Thirteen?
Thursday Thirteen is a blog meme with one purpose - to get to know bloggers better. Thirteen is the magic number - because Thursday Thirty is too many!
Every Thursday, bloggers jot down thirteen things about their week, Thirteen secrets they have never shared before, Thirteen random things about themselves or their lives that give the reader a better idea of who they are. Then the fun begins, you go bloghopping! Find other Thursday Thirteeners, spend some quality time getting to know your fellow bloggers, interact with them through their lists and invite them to yours!
Is there a theme every week?
Nope! Your Thirteen Things can be about whatever you want. Just remember, most of your fellow Thirteeners expect to learn more about who you are or what you have been up to that week! If you do a themed list, you may want to keep that in mind.


There is all this other stuff like joining a blog roll so that you link to other people's blogs and they link to yours, but I'm not sure if I really want that much traffic here - are our lives really that interesting? Do I really have that much to say? BUT the true intent seems really cool! SO, I'm going to start doing it today and maybe my friends will too. I'm not linking to the mothership yet, just going it alone at first.


MY FIRST THURSDAY 13
13 things about the Casa De Galletti that you may or may not already know
  1. We are not Latino.
  2. None of us are fluent in any languages other than English.
  3. Other than going to the Bahamas, none of us have ever left the North American continent.
  4. Our dog's middle name is Moments.
  5. Joe and I love the shows Scrubs and My Name Is Earl.
  6. We love Sci-Fi.
  7. Joe and I were both in Young Life in high school.
  8. It works but we don't ever use our dishwasher.
  9. Joe and I were together for 8 years before we combined our CD collections.
  10. Our house was built in 1983, we bought it in 1995.
  11. We have never bought a brand new car.
  12. Joe and I have never gone to the beach together.
  13. We have the perfect life.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

I've seen this "13" theme on some other blogs, but have never found the "background" on it. Thanks for the info and thanks for doing the "13" list. It was really cool because I learned so much!

I thought for sure that you had a least some latina in you.

I thought for sure that you spoke perfect spanish.

I didn't know you could give you pets "middle" names.

Most of all, I would have NEVER, EVER, EVER guessed that you were in Young Life in High School. VERY INTERESTING!!