Sunday, December 03, 2006

night school

So Giselle and I often do some school in bed at night before she falls asleep while I nurse Paul. Tonight Giselle started it by saying that 10 + 10 = 20 and I followed up with 10 + 20 = ?. Her vizualization skills are not all there yet so we had to move it to the playroom/schoolroom and and after a significant amount of time spent on getting her to realize that the answers were actually written down right in front of her (although I wasn't going to GIVE her the answers) she now TOTALLY gets the concept of double addition and the ease of adding in columns. We were only adding 10's for the 5 problems that we did and I figured that I'd see for sure if she really got it so for our final bonus extra credit problem of the night I asked her to solve 22 +35 and she got it on the very first try = 57!
She is so proud of herself for realizing how easy it really is!

No comments: